Capture One 10 released
Some great news – just yesterday my favorite RAW processor, Capture One was updated to version 10! I’ve been using Capture One 10 for some time already as I’m in the beta program and I must say I love it! With each release this powerful app becomes even more powerful enlarging the gap between Lightroom.
Capture One 10 review
You can read my full review of Capture One software below, now updated for version 10:
New features in Capture One 10
The main features of this update are following:
- Improved performance – I always loved how fast Capture One was. And you know what? It now became even faster!
- New 3-phase sharpening tools:
- “Diffraction correction” – input sharpening that corrects sharpening problems of a lens
- Regular sharpening – it’s a normal sharpening tool similar to previous versions of Capture One. It still got some enhancements. First, there is new Halo suppression slider that reduces halo artifacts caused by sharpening. Second, sharpening can now be added as a local adjustment so it’s possible to apply different sharpening to different parts of the image, which is great!
- Output sharpening – you can also apply sharpening specifically for your output recipe (e.g. different for web, for full-size image or for print).
- Camera Focus tool – although I hardly ever shoot tethered (although this changes as I’m playing with light recently in my small home studio) I think it’s a great feature. You can now adjust focus manually in tethered shooting mode. Both Sony, Nikon, Canon and PhaseOne cameras are supported.
- Support for compressed RAW file formats like Canon sRAW or Nikon RAW M.
- Some changes to the default workspace. For example photo browser is now on the right-hand side of the screen.
Laundry in Havana
I always liked colonial architecture and was very happy to see it in Cuba. Although you can generally find it across whole country, in Havana you will the most beautiful and most monumental pieces of it. And the best thing of all is that it’s still used – not only for museums – for hotels, restaurants but also people live there.