I’m finally back from Egypt with a lot of nice photos which I will post in the next few days. However, today there is no photo but I have some news on Photomatix Pro 4.2.
Photomatix Pro 4.2 has been finally released on 30th April 2012! I wrote about changes in Photomatix Pro 4.2 some time ago but since they related to the first beta here are they again:
- Many changes related to preset thumbnails
- Addition of 20 new built-in preset thumbnails (eg. 3 more black & white presets, a few realistic and artistic ones, creative ones)
- Ability to toggle between normal (as in 4.1 and earlier versions) and large thumbnails size. This makes it much easier to decide between the presets
- Ability to display preset thumbnails in two columns so more thumbnails appear on one page
- Ability to import presets with just one click. In the “My Presets” tab just click “Import Presets…” select files and you’re done 🙂 No more need to manually copy the presets into the Presets directory. So if you had problems importing my presets for instance you can now do it easily.
- Ability to group presets into categories, eg. I now have categories like Winter, Warm, etc. It makes selecting appropriate preset a lot easier.
- Preset thumbnails should load a bit faster now.
- Addition of Finishing Touch window. This window, which by default shows when the tone-mapping/fusion finishes, allows you to make basic edition of your photo including contrast curve adjustments, color saturation adjustments, sharpening. Finishing Touch can be also used from Batch Bracketed. Just open Batch and then “Naming & Output Options”.
- Redesigned GUI in case of Windows version. Now the windows have custom title bars which in my opinion look a lot better than default OS ones used in previous release
- Differences between preview and final image has been minimized.
- Instead of size ratio like 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc. now there are zoom buttons.
- Improved multi-monitor support
- New processing method Fusion/Realistic (available only in the Batch Bracketed photos for now). It should work especially well for real-estate photographers.
- All EXIF and GPS data should be now properly transferred from the source images.
This version is free for all users who bought 3.0 or higher and it can be downloaded here.