List of best posts in 2014
Time for another summary 🙂 This time regarding blog content in 2014.
Below you will find a list of 10 most popular posts on my blog written in 2014. There are two interesting & a bit surprising things about it – the list is hugely dominated by reviews (4 posts) and posts about Magic Lantern firmware (also 4 posts). There are also 2 tutorials on the list. It gives me better idea on what type of content I should focus in the future 😉 Ok, so here’s the list:
- HDR tutorial – it was clear winner with more than 10% of all views in 2014! Despite the fact the tutorial wasn’t written in 2014, I still decided to list it here as I make constant changes to it and it evolves slowly over time,
- Magic Lantern, 5D MK III and Firmware 1.2.3 – in this post I shared some news about update to Magic Lantern which provided support for firmware 1.2.3 in Canon 5D MK III. I never expected this post to be really popular so I’m quite surprised to see it so high.
- Turn your DSLR into a beast with Magic Lantern – another post about Magic Lantern – this one was about reasons why you should give Magic Lantern a try if you use Canon cameras.
- Why I love Magic Lantern – several years later – in this post I listed my favourite features of current version of Magic Lantern
- Magic Lanter Dual-ISO – First Impressions – and the last Magic Lantern-related post on the list was about my initial impressions from using Dual-ISO feature.
- Wacom Intuos Pro M Tablet Review – in January 2014 I wrote a review about Wacom Intuos Tablet. Starting to use tablet was one of the biggest changes to my workflow I did in 2014 and I think that it gave me much more freedom and control than mouse.
- Tack Sharp Photos in 10 Easy Steps – most popular tutorial written entirely in 2014 was about tips for getting razor sharp photos. 10 easy tips everyone can follow to improve sharpness of their images.
- Sony NEX-6 Review – another review – this one was about Sony NEX-6 mirrorless camera. I loved this camera at the time of writing that review and I still do! Why? Make sure to read this review 😉
- SmugMug Review – in January 2014 I set up account on SmugMug – one of the most popular photography hosting services. I still use it. Do I like it? You can find out in this review.
- Benro Travel Angel Tripod Review – I was searching for light and steady tripod for ages. At the end of 2013 I came across Benro Travel Angel carbon-fibre tripod and bought it. It isn’t ideal but is one of the best tripods I have ever used. Why? Again – make sure to read this review.
Daily photo – Last Light
Finally some EXIF info:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review here)
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 28 mm
Exposure time: 1/160 s (“middle” exposure)
Number of exposures: 3
E.V. Step: 2.0 EV
Flash used: no
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 5 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity, Topaz Detail