Today Photomatix Pro 5.1, new version of software I use to create all my HDR photos, was officially released by HDRsoft. You can download it from HDRsoft website:
Of course update is free for all licensed users of Photomatix Pro 5.
The list of most important updates is below:
- Favorite presets – you can now ‘star’ your favorite presets to get quicker access to them. To do this, just click on the little star icon located in the left-bottom corner of the preset thumbnail. After that you can switch to Favorite presets category to see only presets you marked as favorite.
- New presets category: Architecture – this new category lists presets especially useful for architecture and real-estate photographers. At the same time two completely new presets were added (‘Interior 3’ and ‘Smooth 3’) that you will both find under Architecture category.
- Fusion/Real-Estate was renamed to Fusion/Interior
- Brightness slider added to Fusion/Interior – If you have ever found images from Fusion/Interior too dark, this slider will help you fix that easily.
- Batch bracketed now allows you to select base exposure used for deghosting
- Alignment presets – when aligning your bracketed images you can now select preset (such as hand-held, on tripod and a few more) instead of choosing alignment method
- Support for RAWs from recent cameras including Canon 5DS and 5DS R, Canon 750D/760D as well as Nikon D7200 and many other camera models.
- User interface of batch windows was redesigned to make it easier to use.
- Bug fixes
I will also soon update my HDR tutorial to reflect changes introduced in Photomatix Pro 5.1 – I’ll let you know once it’s done.