Share your best photos from 2015
If you would like to be part of this year’s project, simply send me the links (in comments to this post) to exactly 2 of your best photos and I will share them on my blog by the end of January 2016. Additionally it would be good if you could email me those images (watermarked if you want) resized to 900px on longer side.
It doesn’t matter whether you are pro or amateur – you will be featured on my blog. If there will be too many photos I will share them in a few turns but I will share all of them.
Some conditions that must be met:
- Deadline is 20th January 2016
- The photos should be taken in 2015 (or at least be edited in 2015),
- The photos must have at least 900px on the longer side,
- Please provide the link to your page (and/or Facebook profile, 500px profile, SmugMug etc.) as well as the name under which you would like to be credited. You can also write short bio that I will put next to your photos.
- Links to photos must be sent in the comments under this post,
- You have to provide links to exactly 2 photos,
- Please send both photos resized to 900px on longer size to email@example.com with subject “Best of 2015”. I will use the photos only to embed them in the post. They can be watermarked of course. If you can’t or don’t want to send the photos – that’s fine 🙂 It would just make my life a little bit easier but it’s not necessary.
- Of course if I find the image obscene or breaking the law, I’m not going to post it here.
Reflection of Sunset
For today I selected another sunset HDR photo from Thailand which I captured a few months ago. There was this stone block, which I’m not sure what was for (any ideas?), that looked quite cool against the sunset and beautiful reflection all around it.
This HDR image was created from 3 exposures in Photomatix Pro with final tweaks done in Lightroom and Photoshop.
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review)
Lens: Canon 16-35 f/4 L IS USM (read my review)
Focal length: 16 mm
Exposure time: 1/3 s (“middle” exposure)
Number of exposures: 3
E.V. Step: 2.0 EV
Flash used: no
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masking
Software: Magic Lantern, Capture One 8, Photomatix Pro 5.1 (Contrast Optimizer) Photoshop CC 2015, ON1 Effects 10