New HDR tutorial
Here’s a little Christmas gift for all my readers 😉
It’s been several years since I published first version of my HDR tutorial. During that time thousands of photographers have read it (tutorial has around 100.000 views, excluding PDF versions) and learnt my approach to HDR photography. But recently I haven’t done any serious changes to it, just cosmetic corrections.
So for last few months I was working busily on a complete overhaul of it – with new techniques, tips and a lot of new sample photos. I also wanted to update tutorial for new version of Photomatix Pro (5.1), which was released earlier this year.
And I’m happy to announce that this new version is now ready for you to read, below:
Here’s short summary of changes:
- Completely new section about advanced HDR techniques in which I write a few words for instance about HDR panoramas or long exposure HDR photography,
- Addition of Sample HDR photos section – if you don’t have bracketed photos yet, you can play with some images taken by me – the list of the available images grows slowly and I hope everyone will find something for himself – check the list from time to time to find new images,
- Tutorial is now updated for Photomatix Pro 5.1, which is the most recent version,
- Updated structure of the tutorial, move some sub-sections and paragraphs around,
- Added tonnes of new tips, definitions and explanations to make HDR tutorial even easier to understand,
- Minor corrections and updates.
Please also note that it isn’t the end of changes – I intend to add several new things to the tutorial in the few next weeks. Also if there is something you would like to see added, let me know.
I hope you will enjoy this updated version 🙂