Most Popular Posts of 2015
2015 has finally come to an end and January is usually time of various summaries. So today I decided to write a short ranking of most popular posts on my blog in the last 12 months in case you missed some of them 🙂 Here’s the list ordered by post popularity:
- HDR tutorial – it’s my most popular post ever (around 100k views already and counting) and with the recent overhaul it isn’t surprising it won the ranking again.
- Capture One 8 Review. Or why I said “goodbye” to Lightroom – my review of Capture One 8 (review of Capture One 9 is still in progress 🙂 ). From this review you’ll learn why I decided to switch to C1 and leave Lightroom behind.
- Capture One Film Styles Review – another Capture One related review. In this one I reviewed presets by Alexander Svet. The presets are great as they try to recreate look of various traditional films.
- Canon 16-35 f/4 L IS USM Review – I bought Canon 16-35 f/4 L IS at the beginning of 2015 and almost immediately it became one of my favorite lenses as it is perfect for my landscape photography needs. If you’re interested to learn why, read this review
- 500px vs Flickr vs Google+ vs Facebook – Where should you share your images? – back in 2013 I wrote a series of posts in which I compared various social networks from photographer’s perspective. After 2 years I decided to make another comparison as there were many changes to each of the websites. What changed? Which website is the best to share your photos? Read this article 🙂
- Lightroom 6 Review – in 2015 Adobe finally released a long awaited Lightroom 6/CC. What’s my opinion about it? You can read in this review.
- Photomatix Pro 5.1 is out! Favorite presets, new slider and more – in 2015, HDRsoft also released a new version of Photomatix Pro 5.1 which added some new features like favorite presets or brightness slider to Fusion/Real-Estate.
- Photo Editing Apps Comparison: Gimp, Lightroom, Photoshop – I was asked for this post for some time. I compared various photo editing apps (Gimp, Lightroom and Photoshop) and mentioned strengths and weaknesses of each of them.
- HDR Tutorial – Sample HDR photos to play with – by the end of 2015 I added new section to my blog where I share sample bracketed photos for you to play with. Make sure to share the results with me 🙂 leave a comment on my blog or send me an email 🙂
- Throne Hall in Amalienborg Palace – this is the photo only post. Not a tutorial or review. Photo was taken in Copenhagen in a beautiful Amalienborg Castle. Really stunning piece of architecture.
BTW if you’re interested to see similar ranking from 2014, you can find it here.
Lonely boat on Sunrise Beach
Today I would like to share another photo from Thailand. This one was taken on sunrise beach on Koh Lipe island, during one very beautiful sunrise. Editing was done almost entirely inside CaptureOne 9. Some finishing touches were done using ON1 Effects plugin inside Photoshop.
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review)
Lens: Canon 16-35 f/4 L IS USM (read my review)
Focal length: 27 mm
Exposure time: 15 s
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Software: Magic Lantern, Capture One 9, Photoshop CC 2015, ON1 Effects 10