Photomatix Pro 6 now available
You can download Photomatix Pro 6 here:
Pricing and upgrading policy
The regular price of Photomatix Pro 6 is 99 USD.
Upgrade to Photomatix Pro 6 is free for everyone who bought version 5.x.
Those of you who bought Photomatix Pro 4 or older can upgrade to the newest version for just 29 USD.
Below you can watch a video in which I overview main new features introduce in Photomatix Pro 6:
If you prefer reading, here is the list of the main updates introduced in Photomatix Pro 6:
- New realistic rendering method – Tone Balancer. It’s perfect for landscape and architecture work in my opinion. Since it was added, it became one of my favourite rendering methods along Contrast Optimizer.
- Individual colour adjustments – you can now edit each colour’s (e.g. yellow or blue) hue, saturation and brightness instead of just global settings. Useful if you find one colour too saturated for instance, but also if you want to adjust colours for artistic reasons (e.g. to make the sky bluer or to turn the summertime photo to autumn). I love this feature!
- Ability to blend HDR image with one of the source photos to achieve a more realistic look.
- Brush Tool allowing to apply colour or blending selectively.
- Straightening and distortion correction tool.
- More intuitive workflow.
- UI overhaul.
- Endless bug fixes and minor improvements.
BTW photo from the beginning of this post was ENTIRELY edited in Photomatix Pro 6 and I used for it following features: Tone Balancer, individual colour adjustments, blending, brush tool and straightening tool. I really love how natural it turned out!
If you would like to get started with Photomatix or HDR photography, make sure to read my free HDR tutorial:
Please note that tutorial will be updated to reflect changes in Photomatix Pro 6 in a matter of a few weeks.