Download sample HDR photos
This photo was taken early in the morning in Bamboo Grove in Kyoto, Japan. Dynamic range was pretty big as whole place was quite dark apart from a few extremely bright light patches here and there.
- Story behind the shot: http://hdr-photographer.com/2016/04/bamboo-forest/
- Number of exposures: 7
- EV spacing: 1.0 EV
- Tripod used: YES
- Camera: Canon 5D MK III
- Lens: Canon 16-35 f/4 L IS USM
- Focal length: 35 mm
- Exposure for median photo: 1/3 s
- Aperture: f/8
- ISO: 100
- There are some ghosts in the upper part of the image as there was soft wind. In Photomatix you can try using Automatic Deghosting to get rid of this problem. I suggest using rather small values (like 20 – 30).
- If you find color balance to be too warm, try playing with Color Temperature slider in Photomatix to make it bluer