Download sample HDR photos
This is one of my favorite landscape photo ever taken. I captured it on one freezing winter night in Tatra mountains in Poland from up high. In the valley you can see towns of Zakopane and Kościelisko.
I’m sharing source images for this photo as I think night HDR photos are often challenging because you normally have to increase ISO and this is what happened in this case. But at the same time, if done right night HDR images are truly awesome.
- Number of exposures: 3
- EV spacing: 2.0 EV
- Tripod used: YES
- Camera: Canon 5D MK II
- Lens: Canon 24 f/1.4 L USM II
- Focal length: 24 mm
- Exposure for median photo: 13 s
- Aperture: f/5
- ISO: 500
- Pay attention to noise as the source images were taken at ISO 500
- If you find color balance to be too blue try playing with Color Temperature slider in Photomatix to make it warmer
- Try Fusion/Natural or Fusion/Interior in Photomatix Pro if you can’t get good results with tone-mappers like Details Enhancer or Contrast Optimizer